At the Primary School Aftercare we endeavor to provide a homely and supportive space for the children. In this area children can relax, play board games, make puzzles and draw or paint at all times. There is a jungle gym close by, trees to climb and ball games can be played on the field. A seasonal/festival activity is offered for the children who are interested. A nutritious snack is supplied for lunch and fresh fruit is always available.
This facility is available Monday to Friday (not on the last day of term) between 12.30 and 3pm.
|Primary School:||Sue Blake||083 732 4985||Hours: Mon-Fri||12:30 to 4:30 pm|
|Kindergarten:||Jenni Brassington||082 661 6080||Hours: Mon-Fri||12:15 to 4:00 pm|
The Constantia Waldorf School Aftercare facilities offer a home-like environment for Kindergarten and Primary School children.
The focus of the aftercare is healthy play, rest and nutritious food. The intent is not to structure this time with a whirlwind of activities, but rather to provide a secure daily rhythm within which the child is free to play outside (within the boundary areas) or have quiet time inside.
The aftercare fees are payable in advance via a voucher system and these vouchers can be purchased from Juanita in our admin offices.
The school day can be very tiring and overwhelming for some children and timeous collection from Aftercare is strongly encouraged.
The following guidelines have been compiled in support of the aftercare rules:
Rules for the children (mainly for the Primary School aftercare):
- All children report to aftercare immediately after school ends. If they have extra-mural sport or music lessons, they must check in with the aftercare teacher before their lessons begin.
- Lunch in both aftercares is served at 1pm. If the children have checked-in but are attending extra mural lessons, their meal will be kept for them.
- Nutritious meals, snacks and drinks are included in the aftercare fee.
- Primary School aftercare children may not go to the library or tuckshop without permission.
- Children help to pack away whatever materials or games they have used before they say goodbye to their aftercare teacher.
- When collecting your child, please check that he/she has said goodbye to the aftercare teacher.
Aftercare voucher system:
- Parents are to purchase a sheet of aftercare vouchers at the beginning of the term or month.
- The teacher keeps the voucher sheets for each child and will fill in the date and cross off a voucher when the child is collected.
- When a sheet of vouchers is almost used up, the teacher will inform the parents so that a new sheet can be purchased timeously.